Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week One at the Fringe

Well I’m half-way through the Fringe today and on my way to a midnight Pleasance party to celebrate that! It’s been a great week. Wonderful audiences, lots more reviews (a 4 star from the Edinburgh Evening News), lots of waiting for reviews to come out (it can take over a week!) and a great double page spread in the Glasgow Evening Times. I also performed an extract of the show and was interviewed on Mervyn Stutter’s Pick of the Fringe at the Guilded Balloon. It’s always great to perform alongside others which is a rare occasion. There are quite a few audience members that come from Glasgow from my childhood days. My parents friends have some funny reactions. Sometimes I come on stage and I hear them whisper, “look there’s Jenni”. Who else were they expecting to see? ☺ A lot of people come out of the show and ask me if any of it was true and who the story is about. Some folks seem to walk in and don’t realize it’s my own true story. It’s been so lovely reconnecting with family and friends that I haven’t seen in so long. And this week I started to see lots more shows and meets lots of performers which is definitely one of the most enjoyable things about being part of the Fringe. The best thing I’ve seen so far is Traces, a French Canadian dance troupe who fly through the air and make you stop breathing. Onto Week 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope this show comes back to Boston someday soon...I saw it at the Kennedy School last year and it was amazing.

-Dave