Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sharing the stage

This Thursday April 26th at 8pm I will be performing an extract of RASH alongside 6 other performers at the new Rapture cafe in the East Village. I am excited to finally share the stage with others. There will be poets, musicians and actors, and I think it's going to be a really great evening. I also recently learnt that I will be performing in a festival in July for New York-based performers on their way to this year's Edinburgh Fringe. I will be performing for 4 nights in a row in a format similar to the Fringe, where I'll get a chance to practice what it's like to have 15 minutes to set up my stage and do my thing. It's also in a great venue called 59E59 Theatre. They produce the annual Brits Off Broadway series. And I'm all set for this year's Edinburgh Fringe. I will be performing 26 shows from 1-27 August at the wonderful Pleasance Theatre. It will be great to perform in my home country. I have already begun briefing my parents! RASH is an honest portrayal of my life and of course my parents feature in that. They will surely like some bits and perhaps cringe at others. All in the name of art!

No comments: