Thursday, August 19, 2010

World Humanitarian Day

Today is World Humanitarian Day. What does that mean?
It's a day to raise awareness of what it means to be a humanitarian aid worker and provide a window into that world.  What better way to celebrate than to come and see RASH which is my autobiographical solo play about my experiences working in post-genocide Rwanda.

World Humanitarian Day also honours those who have been injured or killed in their work.  Today I think about all the colleagues I have lost in the field. A portion of proceeds of RASH are being donated to Kenba La Foundation set up in memory of my friend Emmanuel Rejouis and his two young daughters Kofie & Zenzie who died in the Haiti Earthquake.

Watch this video and if you know a humanitarian aid worker, today is the day to give them a special hug.

No comments: